Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
- Thanksgiving cupcakes idea Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:42am in Cupcakes!
- Anyone tried this flavor? Last post on 11/7/12 at 8:48am in Cake Decorating
- Flavors "Mixing" Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:21pm in Cake Decorating
- Candy Corn Cupcakes - Flavor suggestion? Last post on 10/26/12 at 1:46pm in Cupcakes!
Edited on 6/12/11
- Chocolate Spice CakeEdited on 11/15/10
- Chocolate Cake Eggless CakeEdited on 5/29/09
- 2 pt weight watchers cupcakes
Alphabetical Article List
Double Chocolate Cake
Posted by FrecklepussA few weeks ago I had to come up with an eggless cake recipe. I wasn't happy with the ones I had found so for some reason I called Betty Crocker to ask if they had any recipes. I struck gold, they sent me several and I thought it may be nice to share them.
Double Chocolate Cake
- 1 2/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour* 1 cup packed brown sugar or granulated sugar 1/4 cup cocoa 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup water 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoon vinegar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°. Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with fork in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches. Mix in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- *Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
- Note: Cake can be mixed in bowl if desired.
- Chocolate-Cherry Cake: Omit water and chocolate chips. Stir 1/3 cup chopped almonds into flour mixture. Mix 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup maraschino cherry syrup. Stir in syrup mixture and 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries with the remaining ingredients.
- Chocolate-Walnut Cake: Omit cocoa and vanilla if desired. Substitute 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips and 1/3 cup chopped walnuts for the 1/2 cup chocolate chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Chocolate Mint Cake: Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract with the remaining ingredients. Omit chocolate chips if desired.
- Chocolate Spice Cake: Stir 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice into flour mixture. Omit chocolate chips if desired.
- Maple Nut Cake: Omit cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir 1/2 cup chopped nuts into flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon maple extract with the remaining ingredients.
- Oatmeal-Molasses Cake: Omit cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats, 1/2 cup raisins and 1 teaspoon ground allspice into flour mixture. Stir in 2 tablespoons dark molasses with the remaining ingredients.
- Pumpkin Cake: Omit cocoa, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir 1 teaspoon ground allspice into flour mixture. Decrease water to 1/2 cup. Stir in 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Chocolate Spice Cake
Currently, there are 1006 Active Users (21 Members and 985 Guests)
- › Making a flame covered cake using fondant leaves?? 3 minutes ago
- › Pure Pantry Baking mix? 53 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 1 hour ago
- › Happy World Bake Day 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Hola a todos ;) 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Guitar cake 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Graduation cap! 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950