Edited on 6/13/11
- Yellow cakeEdited on 6/12/11
- Yellow cakeEdited on 6/12/11
- S'mores- WASC
- topicYellow Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by kilsiathis is my favorite recipe i use this cake more than 95% of the time. it's alway delicious.
- 1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature 2 cup granulated sugar, less 3 tbsp to use later 4 cups cake flour 12 extra-large egg yolks and 4 extra-large egg whites (put aside 8 extra large whites for the icing.) 1 Tbsp baking powder 1 Tbsp light rum 1 Tbsp dominican vanilla 1/4 tsp salt 1 cup whole milk or pinapple juice 2 Tbsp cornstrach 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1. preheat oven to 350 f. prepare two 10 inch pans, brushe with butter and lined with parchment paper.
- 2. cream the butter on LOW speed (2 minutes). Add the sugar and cream for an additional 2 minutes. The mixture should be light an creamy.
- 3. In a seperate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstrach). Sift the mixture twice. Meanwhile in other separate bowl, mix milk or juice, rum and vainlla together and hold it aside.
- 4. on LOW speed, add yolks one at a time to the creamend butter and sugar mixture. Mix until the yolks disappear. Alternately, add the flour and liquid mixture in three turns, starting with the flour. Add lemon zest and mix an additional 30 seconds.
- 5. in a seperate bowl, beat the 4 extra-large egg white until stiff (but not too dry), about 3 minutes on high speed. At he end of 2 minutes of beating, add the 3 tablespoons of sugar. beat for an additional 60 seconds.
- 6. Carefully fold whites into the cake batter. Pour the batter into prepared pans (two-thirds full). Bake in the center of oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the cake slightly shrinks from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. storage: Dominican cake will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Yellow cake
Currently, there are 1380 Active Users (34 Members and 1346 Guests)
- › Who owns this cake? 2 minutes ago
- › Edible Image and Fridge 2 minutes ago
- › Louboutin Shoe Box Cake 5 minutes ago
- › Flower Petal Cake 11 minutes ago
- › How is this cake done?? 13 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 26 minutes ago
- › Moist carrot cake recipe 29 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 41 minutes ago
- › cake decorating websites 47 minutes ago
- › Happy World Bake Day 48 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950