Edited on 10/25/12
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)Edited on 10/9/12
- How to Make Angry Bird Letter on CakeEdited on 8/21/12
- HOW TO MAKE RED HEARTS INSIDE THE CAKE
Alphabetical Article List
How to Make a Decorated Swiss Roll Cake
Posted by brigittatw
i saw this swiss rolls on the internet and try it my self ( its not my idea, i found some pics on japanese websites)
you can also use it on top of a round cake or square.
very nice when they donnot eat or may eat marzipan or rollfondant.
List of Materials
- spongecake batter
- food coloring
- baking sheet and baking paper
- freezer and oven
- piping bottle of bags
- filling ( i used mocha creme )
spray cooking spray on your baking sheet and put your bakingpaper on it .
put uncolored spongecake batter in a piping bag or bottle and put some tips of the strawberries on the parchment.
freezing it for 10 minutes.
remove the tray from the freezer
Now spray the crowns of strawberries on the parchment paper with green colored batter.
put it again 10 minutes in the freezer
remove again from the freezer.
now you go finish the strawberry with red colored batter .
for the last time you put the bakingsheet 10 minutes in the freezer.
set your oven to the correct position
get it out of the freezer again.
Divide the last uncolored batter over the bakingsheet and bake this for about 10 minutes.
make sure you donnot overbake the spongecake becouse you cannot roll it well then and you get cracks like my first swiss roll , you can see the cracks on the picture.
when its out of the oven you can roll it between sheets of greased baking papier or you can take a put wet cloth on it a few minutes .
when you peel the bakingpaper of you get this look.
you can made all kinds of patterns on it , you also can make a picture with a sharpie pen on the baking paper and put that on the bakside so you can fill that in,note that you put letters in mirror writing on it .
now you cut the sides away and put the filling on it .
roll the swissroll between some greased bakingpaper.
the finsihed decorated swiss roll
i hope you like the how to , English is not m, n main language , i am dutch .
when i have the time i go make more of the patterned cakes and show it overhere.
kind regards brigitta
- How To Make a "Tangled" Tower Cake (Rapunzel)
- › Pricing question 7 minutes ago
- › Help deciphering an old recipe 9 minutes ago
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 12 minutes ago
- › How do I make the flowers on this cake? 26 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 42 minutes ago
- › need to get exact color on cake pops 46 minutes ago
- › how do I make an open mouthed shark head cake pop? 46 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 48 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › This Vs. That 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan