Posted by sherikI wanted s rich decadent cake like the kind you pay $7.00 to $10.00 a serving for in better restaurants. I started playing with the "Easy Boston Cream Pie" recipe and this is what I came up with.
DECADENT BOSTON CREAM PIE (CAKE)
- CAKE: 1 ? Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix ? sifted 3 ? large eggs 1/3 - cup oil 1/3 cup water 1 ? cup heavy cream ½ box (4 servings) Jell-o instant white chocolate pudding FILLING: 2 ? Boxes (4 servings each) Jell-o instant white chocolate pudding 2 & 3/4 Cups heavy cream TOPPING: 5 ? Ounces good quality dark chocolate 4 ? Ounces good quality milk chocolate 6 ? Ounces heavy cream
- CAKE: Add all wet ingredients to mixing bowl
- Add cake mix and pudding mix
- Mix on low until all dry parts are wet.
- Scrape bowl
- Mix on medium high for two minutes.
- Grease and flour pans
- Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Bake in 2 ? 8? round cake pans 30-40 min.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- FILLING: Mix cream and pudding mixes until thickened and well blended
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to fill cake layers.
- TOPPING: Break up chocolate into small pieces in a bowl
- Microwave cream on high until hot but not boiling
- Pour over chocolate and let sit for two minutes
- Stir cream and chocolate until well blended and all chocolate is melted
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- ASSEMBLE: When cakes are completely cooled, level (if necessary)
- And tort each layer.
- Place one layer on serving plate, spread filling on top only
- place second layer on top, spread filling on top only,
- place third layer and spread filling on top only,
- place last layer on top.
- Pour topping on the center top of cake, with an off set spatula spread topping to top edges of cake and let it drip down sides of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I also put white chocolate dipped raspberries on the center top of the cake.
- You don't want to know. I suggest only having this cake once a year!