Posted by witchymalthis cake was fabulous for my dads birthday cake because of its denseness it was perfect for a tiered cake
Dark moist chocolate cake
- 2 cups brown sugar 1 3/4 cups flour 3/4 cup cocoa 2tsp baking soda 1tsp baking powder 1tsp salt 2 eggs 1 cup vanilla yoghurt 1 cup tia maria or half and half strong coffee and any type of alcohol kalua is good as well 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Heat oven to 350f degrees
- 2. Grease and flour one 13*9*2 inch baking pan.
- 3.In a large bowl stir all dry ingredients together then add the coffee or alcohol, yoghurt, oil and eggs beat till all combined
- 4. add vanilla at the end and pour into baking pan.
- cook till cake tester comes out clean.
- note the time given for cooking may vary, I live in australia and i cooked it at 170celcius for around 1hr 30mins till it was cooked so good luck the effort is worth it!!!!!
- per 1 serving average of 240 calories