Edited on 10/26/12
- Rolled Vanilla FondantEdited on 10/25/12
- Rolled ButtercreamEdited on 10/25/12
- Molding Chocolate Clay
Alphabetical Article List
Dark Chocolate Modeling Paste
Posted by FrecklepussThis is a Joy of Baking recipe for Dark Chocolate Modeling Paste.
Dark Chocolate Modeling Paste
- 7 ounces (200 grams) bittersweet chocolate, chopped 1/4 cup (60 ml) light corn syrup
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir until smooth and cooled a bit.
- Stir in the corn syrup. The chocolate will stiffen almost immediately. Stir until completely combined. Transfer the chocolate to a sturdy plastic freezer bag and refrigerate until firm (about two hours).
- When the dough is firm, remove from the refrigerator, and knead it until it is soft enough to work with. If it is too hard, cut off small pieces, and knead until pliable. Grease the counter where you are working with oil or spray with Pam so the chocolate won't stick.
- At this point you can make the chocolate into whatever shape you want. Some ideas: It can be formed into a long rope or braid and wrapped around the base of the cake. It can also be placed around the outside top edge of the cake.
- This dough can also be used to make ribbons to cover a cake. To do this pat your dough into a disk shape and roll dough out to desired thickness using a rolling pin or else use a manual pasta machine. This dough can also be used to make flowers, leaves, or any other decorations.
- Well wrapped it will keep for months. If it gets hard to work with knead in a little more corn syrup until it is pliable again.
- Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/ModelingChoc.html#ixzz0FsgDZKOt&B
- Rolled Vanilla Fondant
Currently, there are 581 Active Users (16 Members and 565 Guests)
- › partnering with a venue 4 minutes ago
- › Please helps make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures!! 12 minutes ago
- › Separating buttercream..? 14 minutes ago
- › Need sales based app for daily Management 25 minutes ago
- › Help Help please :( 28 minutes ago
- › Advise on Baking Software compatible with Quickbooks 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › I've been left holding 130+ flowers!!! 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Help with Gum Paste/Fondant Figure Modeling!!! 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › recovering a cake with fondant after a failed first try 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950