3, 2, 1 Microwave Cake
Edited on 7/26/12
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Pinapple and Madarin Orange Angel Food CakeEdited on 11/11/10
- Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- topicAngel Food Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is a great spring angel food type of cake made with two flavors of batter alternated in a tube pan.
- 10 egg whites 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/4 cups white sugar 3/4 cup sifted cake flour 6 egg yolks 1/2 teaspoon orange extract 1/2 cup sifted cake flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Wash the tube pan in hot soapy water to ensure it is totally grease-free.
2 In a large dry glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and salt, and continue to whip. When the whites can form soft peaks, gradually sprinkle in the sugar, while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Remove half of the whipped egg whites to a separate bowl.
3 Fold 3/4 cup of cake flour, orange extract, and egg yolks into one half of the egg whites until evenly blended. Fold the remaining 1/2 cup of cake flour into the other bowl of egg whites, along with the vanilla. Spoon about 1 cup of batter at a time, alternating colors, into the prepared pan.
4 Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and continue baking for another 20 minutes, or until the top of the cake springs back when pressed.
5 Without removing cake from pan, invert pan onto a wire rack to cool. Once completely cooled, remove cake from the pan and frost with your choice of frosting. Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting works quite well.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 1 minute ago
- › pricing for red velvet and cream cheese 1 minute ago
- › dry cakes 5 minutes ago
- › Silly question 8 minutes ago
- › How much to charge? 8 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 11 minutes ago
- › simple syrups 20 minutes ago
- › i'm devasted... 23 minutes ago
- › fondant cake with strawberries 27 minutes ago
- › Wedding cake as a gift- etiquette... 40 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net