Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
cupcake topper duck
Edited on 2/24/12
- How To Make a 3D Bunny Shaped CupcakeEdited on 1/18/12
- How to Make a Tiny Gumpaste Baby with a MoldEdited on 4/25/13
- Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Alphabetical Article List
Cute Sheep Cupcakes Tutorial
Posted by TheCakingGirl
I recently made these cute sheep cupcake designs for someones birthday. But this is a great project for a baby shower too!
List of Materials
- 12 cupcakes
- fondant (white, green, blue, pink, light yellow, brown, light brown)
- exacto knife
- small paintbrush
- small bowl of water (for applying pieces of fondant together)
- powdered (for rolling out fondant)
- black edible marker
- extruder (optional)
These were the only tools I used for these fondant cupcakes. I did switch from the big fondant roller to a smaller one mid way though
If youre covering half of the cupcake with fondant, a quick way is to cut the circles in half so each circle covers 2 cupcakes. It also saves you a lot of fondant when you roll out the big green piece to cut circles out of. Sometimes I need 10 circles and the sheet I rolled out only fits 9, its a waste of time to knead the fondant and roll it out again just for an extra circle.
I cut out all the shapes free hand. The exacto knife is a must in any fondant decorating. For squares and cirlces, always use a cookie cutter, but everything else try to do it by freehand, its what makes your cake design unique and different from everyone elses.
All 12 cupcakes are covered with the base fondant, ready to decorate.
I havent found a good set of triangle cutters so I cut my own triangles. You can use an exacto knife, but I like to let the strip of fondant dry for a bit, and I cut it with scissors like its a piece of paper. Its just a lot faster that way for me.
I used a clay extruder to pipe out the string for the happy birthday flag. But you could roll this out by hand, use royal icing to pipe it on
The cupcakes are almost done, just need to draw the rest in with the black edible marker!
- How To Make a 3D Bunny Shaped Cupcake
Currently, there are 803 Active Users (13 Members and 790 Guests)
- › Price shocking your clients 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 13 minutes ago
- › Returns... 16 minutes ago
- › Sculpted sneakers pricing 18 minutes ago
- › Unique Fathers Day Idea now I need Price? 22 minutes ago
- › Scratch Cake Recipes 24 minutes ago
- › mixing colors 31 minutes ago
- › HELP! Gourmet flavors???? 33 minutes ago
- › Parrish/Magic Line could be a little more helpful... 36 minutes ago
- › Black Lace on wedding cake - HELP ASAP!!!! 55 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat