Posted by sbcakesI have been asked by many of you for this recipe, so I decided to post it for everyone! This is a delicious, not too sweet whipped frosting. It can be used to frost cakes very easily and smooth-and you can also pipe and decorate with it too! But best of all...it is sooooo good!!!
Creamy & Tasty Whipped Frosting
- â?¢ ½ cup salted butter â?¢ ½ cup veg shortening â?¢ 1 lb confec. sugar â?¢ 1/4 tsp. salt â?¢ 1 tsp. vanilla â?¢ 3-4 oz heavy whipping cream â?¢ 1 tbsp. meringue powder
- Cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar, and cream until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, meringue powder, and whipping cream.
- Blend on low until moistened.
- Beat on high until icing is fluffy.
- (You can add more confec. sugar, or
- less whipping cream for a stiffer consistency.)
- MUST REFRIGERATE-will keep for up to 5 days.
- I can't imagine that it is low in calories, but you will love it anyway!!!