Posted by MacsMomI got this idea when I spotted a cinnamon filling in the King Arthur Flour catalog. I'm not a culinary baker, but I'll bet you can come up with your own cinnamon filling ;-)
Cinnamon Roll cake
- Cake: 1 vanilla cake mix (I used BC) 1 pkg cheesecake pudding mix 1 c flour 1 c powdered sugar 1/2 t salt 2/3 c Coffee Mate cinnamon bun coffee creamer (or vanilla)2/3 c water 4 egg whites 2 T oil 2 t vanilla extract or 1 dram of LoRann cheesecake flavoring 1 c mini-cinnamon chips ( KingArthurFlour.com ) Filling: 1 1/2 c Baker's Cinnamon Filling ( KingArthurFlour.com ) Combine everything (except the filling ingredients
- (I apologize for not being very detailed!)
- Combine cake ingredients; stir in cinnamon chips.
- Mix filling with 1/4 c + 2 T water and spoon in to a piping bag.
- Spread a little batter on bottom of pan; squeeze filling over batter in rings (like a target). Spread more batter over filling.
- For torting, I recommend filling the pans less than 1/2 full so that you have 1" cakes. That way the filling stays intact as opposed to slicing a 2" cake in half.