Posted by GeminiKimChoctaw Pumkin Cake
Choctaw Pumpkin Cake
- 2 cups flour 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1 tablespoon cocoa 1 1/2 cups pumpkin 1 1/2 cups salad oil 4 eggs, slightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cocoa. Add pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla and blend well. In a greased and floured ring mold or bundt pan, pour batter. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Frost with Creamy Chocolate Frosting.
- Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, cheese, vanilla and 1 cup of powdered sugar until fluffy. Add remaining 2 cups powdered sugar, cocoa and milk and blend well.