Related Forum Threads
- Difference between crusting and non-crusting buttercream? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:32am in Cake Decorating
- Making Cakes with Filings in Advance Last post on 11/12/12 at 11:31am in Cake Decorating
- Help with praline pecan cake filling please! Last post on 11/11/12 at 4:07pm in Cake Decorating
- IMBC ????? Last post on 11/23/12 at 9:15pm in Cake Decorating
- IMBC Last post on 11/24/12 at 7:28am in Recipes
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Classic TiramisuEdited on 4/26/04
- Nutella Truffle FillingEdited on 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss Buttercream
Alphabetical Article List
Chocolate Tiramisu (no coffee)
Posted by ZooieI'm not a coffee person but I love tiramisu cream, so I experimented a little and created this recipe for a chocolate tiramisu, sans the coffee. I hope you'll give it a try despite the fact that I substituted a rather prominent ingredient. I've also made it as a caramel tiramisu, or both before. They've been a big hit with friends and family!
Chocolate Tiramisu (no coffee)
- 6 egg yolks 1 c sugar 16 oz mascarpone cheese 1 to 1 1/2 tsp imitation rum extract 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream 2 pkg (approx 3 oz each) lady fingers 1 cup dark chocolate ice cream syrup Equal parts unsweetened cocoa powder and ground cinnamon, mixed 1/4 c chocolate curls (optional) **A great substitute for mascarpone cheese is two 8 oz pkg cream cheese and 1/3 c sour cream, mixed together.**
- In a small mixer bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Place in top of double boiler over boiling water. Reduce heat to low and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly to cook the yolks. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl combine mascarpone cheese and rum extract until soft. Add to egg and sugar mixture.
- In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese and egg mixture; set aside.
- Line bottom of serving, trifle, or parfait bowl with lady fingers. Squeeze a small amount of chocolate syrup over the lady fingers. Spoon 1/3 of the cream mixture over lady fingers. Repeat lady fingers, syrup, and cream layers two more times.
- Cover and refrigerator over night to moisten lady fingers.
- Before serving, uncover and garnish top with cocoa-cinnamon mixture and chocolate curls. Can also garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- Classic Tiramisu
Currently, there are 952 Active Users (25 Members and 927 Guests)
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 2 minutes ago
- › How to make a bottle pouring out on a cake? 18 minutes ago
- › How would you cover this cake? 50 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Why do I keep getting air bubbles under fondant?? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Fudge Filling 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Stands 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking