Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Jello CakeEdited on 11/4/06
- Pink Princess CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Neopolitan Bundt Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Chocolate Macaroon Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis cake and its icing are made from scratch. I cook for a living and the people that I have tried this on love it!
Chocolate Macaroon Cake
- 1 egg white 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 1/4 cups white sugar 2 cups shredded coconut 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 cup hot, brewed coffee 3 eggs 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup shortening 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour 2 cups white sugar 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup corn syrup 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch bundt pan.
2 To Make Filling: Beat egg white with 1 teaspoon vanilla until soft mounds form. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in coconut and 1 tablespoon flour.
3 Dissolve the cocoa in the hot coffee. Separate the three eggs. Set aside the yolks. Beat the egg whites until soft mounds form. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until meringue stands in stiff peaks.
4 Combine the sour cream and the baking soda. Beat 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, shortening, egg yolks, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 of the of the cocoa mixture until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Stir in 2 cups flour, the sour cream mixture and the remaining cocoa mixture, blend well. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
5 Turn 1/2 of the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Place 1/2 of the coconut mixture on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter, then the remaining coconut mixture.
6 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan and icing.
7 To Make Icing: In a saucepan over medium heat mix 2 cups sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa together, the butter or margarine, corn syrup and the milk together. Bring to boil and let boil for 1minute. Remove from heat, let cool and beat until of spreading consistency. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Do not overcook!
- Jello Cake
- › Pricing my cake... 5 minutes ago
- › Mr Kipling ANGEL SLICES.........? 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone using Moonfruit for their website? 12 minutes ago
- › Colored Peanut Butter Buttercream 29 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 36 minutes ago
- › Attention all TX Cottage Food Bakers 47 minutes ago
- › Returns... 51 minutes ago
- › Recipe like the Publix Beehive Cake? 1 hour ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Too soft for stacking?? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking