Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Edited on 5/19/08
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Chocolate Mayonnaise CakeEdited on 10/24/09
- Peanut Butter Cake Balls
Alphabetical Article List
Chocolate Chip Cake
Posted by alimonkeyThis has become a favorite with my family. The chocolate chips make it really rich so I think either chocolate whipped cream or chocolate meringue buttercream would be best for frosting. Also good with a thin layer of regular chocolate BC and fondant. Tastes just like chocolate chip cookies...
Chocolate Chip Cake
- 4 eggs, separated 1/2 lb butter, softened 1 c white sugar 1 c brown sugar 1 t vanilla 2 1/2 c AP flour 2 t salt 1 c buttermilk 1 1/2 c chocolate chips* (tossed together with a little flour to coat.)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease & flour 2 8 inch pans**
- Beat the egg white until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- On medium speed, cream butter. Gradually add sugar and
- beat until light. Add vanilla & mix. Add yolks, one at
- a time, beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with
- buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix just
- until smooth. Fold in egg whites, then stir in
- chocolate chips.
- Pour into pans, bake 35-45 minutes.
- *I use the mini chocolate chips, they stay suspended
- in the batter better than the large, but you will have
- more chocolate in the cake, so you can cut back by 1/4
- to 1/2 cup if you like.
- **The recipe calls for 8" x 2" pans but you may also be able to use 9"
- - I usually have batter leftover for a skinny 6" cake
- for snacking.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 1269 Active Users (21 Members and 1248 Guests)
- › Box question... cardboard vs. plastic clamshell 2 minutes ago
- › Heavy cream left out 7 minutes ago
- › Cookies won't stay on the stick 8 minutes ago
- › Where can I get this texture 11 minutes ago
- › First wedding cake and cupcakes timeline help? 14 minutes ago
- › Hard Cake??? 23 minutes ago
- › Good vanilla cake recipe 25 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 37 minutes ago
- › Dragon Cake 38 minutes ago
- › White sheet cake 38 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net