Posted by vickymacdThese are a childhood favorite cookie that I remember getting from the bakery. They are about 4-5 inches wide and taste like a pecan sandie with a delicious dollop of fudge in the center.
- Dough: 3/4 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup Crisco 1-1/2 cups white sugar 1 egg 1 tsp. vanilla extract 3-1/2 cups flour 1-1/4 tsp. baking soda 3/4 tsp. salt 1/2 cup ground walnuts Fudge Dollop: 3 oz. chocolate chips 1 Tbl. Crisco shortening 1 Tbl. Confectioners Sugar
- Cream sugar and shortening and butter till creamy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla. Mix till combined.
- Add flour, soda and salt into above mixture. Mix.
- Roll dough into a log about 15 inches long.
- On a sheet of wax/parchment paper, spread out the ground walnuts.
- Roll the log around the walnuts.
- Wrap in the waxed/parchment paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet (or use silpat sheet).
- Cut log into 1/2 " slices. Approx. 24 slices.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cookies will look soft.
- Cool. The centers will sink a bit.
- When thoroughly cool, mix up the fudge ingredients and place a small dollop of fudge in the center of each cookie. Let set.
- Picture of cookie is in my gallery. Enjoy! Satisfying!