Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by vickymacdThese are a childhood favorite cookie that I remember getting from the bakery. They are about 4-5 inches wide and taste like a pecan sandie with a delicious dollop of fudge in the center.
- Dough: 3/4 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup Crisco 1-1/2 cups white sugar 1 egg 1 tsp. vanilla extract 3-1/2 cups flour 1-1/4 tsp. baking soda 3/4 tsp. salt 1/2 cup ground walnuts Fudge Dollop: 3 oz. chocolate chips 1 Tbl. Crisco shortening 1 Tbl. Confectioners Sugar
- Cream sugar and shortening and butter till creamy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla. Mix till combined.
- Add flour, soda and salt into above mixture. Mix.
- Roll dough into a log about 15 inches long.
- On a sheet of wax/parchment paper, spread out the ground walnuts.
- Roll the log around the walnuts.
- Wrap in the waxed/parchment paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet (or use silpat sheet).
- Cut log into 1/2 " slices. Approx. 24 slices.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cookies will look soft.
- Cool. The centers will sink a bit.
- When thoroughly cool, mix up the fudge ingredients and place a small dollop of fudge in the center of each cookie. Let set.
- Picture of cookie is in my gallery. Enjoy! Satisfying!
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 1358 Active Users (37 Members and 1321 Guests)
- › Swiss roll filling ideas... 3 seconds ago
- › Altered cake mix failures 14 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Certain Cake, Its a Baby shower cake, HELP 15 minutes ago
- › Black Lace on wedding cake - HELP ASAP!!!! 17 minutes ago
- › tiara and shoe on pillow cake 26 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 35 minutes ago
- › help 39 minutes ago
- › attach a doll to a cake? 50 minutes ago
- › buttercream for wonder mold 55 minutes ago
- › Maccroons 1 hour ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking