Related Forum Threads
Cookies for all occasions
Edited on 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsEdited on 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesEdited on 7/27/12
- Sugar Cookie Frosting
Alphabetical Article List
Cherry Almond Crescents
Posted by SecretAgentCakeBakerThis is my experimental cookie. A variation on my grandmother's Russian Tea Ball cookie recipe.
Cherry Almond Crescents
- 1 lb Butter, softened 4 1/2 cups Flour, sifted 1 cup Powdered Sugar 2 Tbl Almond extract 1/4 tsp LorAnn Cherry flavoring (more or less to taste) 1 1/2 cups Almonds, ground 5oz dried cherries, minced (The cherries should be small bits. Use a food processor to mince them. Add a bit of the ground nuts or sugar to help prevent the fruit from sticking to the blade too much.) Additional powdered sugar for coating.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, sugar, almond extract and cherry flavoring.
- Add flour; mix
- Add almonds & cherries; mix.
- Use a very small cookie scoop so the cookies will be uniform in size (for even baking). Shape into a crescent. You can get about 120 two-bite cookies from this batch.
- These do not spread much, so they can be fairly close together on the cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes).
- Let cool slightly.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
- Let cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar again. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter Balls
Currently, there are 904 Active Users (27 Members and 877 Guests)
- › Help with Gum Paste/Fondant Figure Modeling!!! 7 minutes ago
- › chocolate toppers question 7 minutes ago
- › Is a Red Velvet cake without cocoa powder still considered a Red... 7 minutes ago
- › Help! Baseball theme party!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Separating buttercream..? 11 minutes ago
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 21 minutes ago
- › Where can I find this Sugarveil mat? Or any that are not frumpy? 32 minutes ago
- › Farmer's Market 36 minutes ago
- › I've been left holding 130+ flowers!!! 59 minutes ago
- › partnering with a venue 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950