5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Caramel Cake I
Posted by AnonymousA cake that tastes like caramel, yummy!
Caramel Cake I
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups packed brown sugar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 3 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2 Sift the flour before measuring then resift with the 1 cup of the packed brown sugar.
3 Add the butter or margarine, eggs, milk, salt, baking powder and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla to the flour mixture and beat on medium high speed of an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes. (Use the whisk attachment for best results.) Spread batter into the prepared pan.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove pan and place cake on a serving dish. Once cake is cooled completely frost with Caramel Icing.
5 To Make Caramel Icing: In a saucepan over medium heat stir the 2 remaining cups of brown sugar, and the cream until the sugar is dissolved. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook without stirring till a candy thermometer reads 238 to 240 degrees F (113 to 115 degrees C). Stir in the remaining butter with a wooden spoon. Remove the icing from the heat and let cool to 110 degrees F (55 degrees C). Add the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat the icing until it is thick and creamy. If it becomes heavy, thin it out with cream until the right consistency appears. Spread over the top of the cooled cake and top with chopped pecans.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 11 minutes ago
- › New a few eyes on this one... 13 minutes ago
- › Help! I need to start making scratch cakes that bake, feel, and... 18 minutes ago
- › Figurine request 21 minutes ago
- › Anxiety About Cake Deliveries?! 25 minutes ago
- › Customer with a crazy request! 35 minutes ago
- › Home bakery starting.... Need help! 39 minutes ago
- › hate cake 45 minutes ago
- › HELP PLEASE ! MARVEL CAKE HELP 48 minutes ago
- › HOW CAN CAKE BE TOO "CAKEY"? 49 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950