Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
- Please HELP with my chocolate ganache. Last post on 12/5/12 at 4:13pm in Recipes
- buying caramel and chocolate Last post on 11/13/12 at 8:55am in Candy Making & Pulled Sugar / Blown Sugar
- Has Anyone Hosted a Candy Buffet at a Wedding? Last post on 11/15/12 at 5:31am in Cake Decorating
- Petit Fours Last post on 11/7/12 at 9:20am in Cake Decorating
Edited on 6/7/11
- Peanut Butter Ball CupcakesEdited on 1/24/10
- Mr and Mrs Potato Head for Easter from a Chocolate Egg for EasterEdited on 4/2/12
- Giant Cupcake Candy Melt Base
Alphabetical Article List
how I made my candy/chocolate tacos
Posted by natou
I gathered some ideas from the internet and this is what I did.
List of Materials
- candy melts, coconut, brownies, starburst candy, gummy candies, icing
trace a 6'' to 8'' circle on a piece of paper and then put a piece of wax paper on top. Spread some black color sugar on wax paper.
Melt yellow chocolate at 50 % in microwave and fill the circle on your wax paper.
let the chocolate get a little hard, until the shinny of the chocolate is turning dull.
In the meantime, crumble your baked and cooled down brownies on the "tortilla shells"
It should look like this, a little above the top half of the tortilla to leave some space to fold the tortilla in two.
When the chocolate gets dull, fold the tortilla in two and place it on a taco rack to cool, I put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Use some chocolate icing on the brownies to "stick" the '' lettuce''(coconut) to the ''meat''(brownies)
Tint some shredded coconut green in a plastic bag to make the lettuce.
Add the " lettuce'' to the '' meat''
Flatten orange starburst candies with rolling pin and cut up in slices with scissors to make the shredded cheese.
Add the "shredded cheese" on top of the " lettuce".
Add the cut in pieces red gummy candy to make the "tomatoes". Make a small portion of cream cheese icing to imitate the "sour cream" I added white/white food color to make it even whiter and some pipping gel to give it a shine. Make a small portion of cream cheese icing to imitate the "sour cream" I added white/white food color to make it even whiter and some pipping gel to give it a shine.
Add some dollops of "sour cream" on top of the tacos.
There you have your candy/chocolate tacos! I don't think I forgot to mention anything, but if I did, just feel free to ask me. Thank you!!
- Peanut Butter Ball Cupcakes
Currently, there are 1319 Active Users (43 Members and 1276 Guests)
- › Suggestions please. Heel for a shoe 5 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone using Moonfruit for their website? 14 minutes ago
- › edible printouts 15 minutes ago
- › Purchasing cake pedestals 20 minutes ago
- › Press Article... can't hurt business!! 20 minutes ago
- › cupcake delivery help! 20 minutes ago
- › Where in Arizona can I buy Sweetex? Preferable near Laughlin Nevada 27 minutes ago
- › Cake charging 48 minutes ago
- › embossing words/scripts in cake 54 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net