Alphabetical Article List
Canada: Wanting to start a Cake Decorating Business, but where do I begin?
Posted by Jackie
This article outlines the first basic steps to take when wondering how to start a cake decorating business in Canada. This article should only be used as informative, and a good place to start. This is not legal advise, or play-by-play of creating a business in Canada
Wanting to start a Cake Decorating Business in Canada, but where do I begin?
The most commonly asked question, (and usually the first question asked) is, "Is my business name idea already taken?"
In order for you to register or incorporate your business, a corporate name search report is required by the Federal and the provincial governments. These reports are used to determine the availability of a corporate/business name by searching the relevant databases or registries listing any similar or possibly confusing existing corporation names, business names and trademarks. In other words, you need to make sure that no one else has already registered the corporate or business name, or trademark you would like to use for your business.
In Canada, there are 2 different kinds of reports: a NUANS biased report; and a provincial name report. The NUANS (Newly Updated Automated Name Search) database provides name search reports for the following jurisdictions: Canada (Federal); Ontario; Alberta; New Brunswick; Nova Scotia; and Prince Edward Island.
For all the other provinces (B.C., Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland & Labrador), they each require a name search report from their respective provincial database and registry and NOT from the NUANS database.
If your area is not currently listed, or the links are incorrect, please let us know.
Just click on your province's name below to be taken directly to the corporate registry.
|Newfoundland & Labrador|
|Prince Edward Island|
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 1 minute ago
- › pricing for red velvet and cream cheese 1 minute ago
- › dry cakes 5 minutes ago
- › Silly question 8 minutes ago
- › How much to charge? 8 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 11 minutes ago
- › simple syrups 20 minutes ago
- › i'm devasted... 23 minutes ago
- › fondant cake with strawberries 27 minutes ago
- › Wedding cake as a gift- etiquette... 40 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net