Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Edited on 5/19/08
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Super Enhanced Cake FormulaEdited on 4/18/13
- Addendum to Rhonda's Ultimate MMF
Alphabetical Article List
Cake in a Jar
Posted by AnonymousAdvice on baking cake in jars. You can use any cake recipe for this.
Cake in a Jar
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix 8 straight-sided wide-mouth pint canning jars with lids and rings
1 Prepare the cake according to package instructions, or use any cake recipe.
2 In pint size, straight-sided wide-mouth jars, put 1 cup of batter in each greased jar. Make sure to keep the rims of the jars clean. Put in preheated oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place jars on a cookie sheet to keep from tipping over while baking.
3 Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
4 While they are baking, have your jar lids boiling in a pan of water. When the cake is done, take one jar out at a time and add the hot lid and screw on your jar ring and let set and cool.
5 It will seal as it cools. Place the jars on the counter and listen for them to 'ping' as they seal. If you miss the 'ping', wait until they are completely cool and press on the top of the lid. If it doesn't move at all, it's sealed.
6 After it cools it will pull away from the jar and when you are ready to eat, open and pop out the cake and enjoy.
7 Unsealed jars should be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within 2 weeks. Sealed jars may be stored in a freezer.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Pricing of Cupcakes 3 minutes ago
- › Marble cake help!! :) 9 minutes ago
- › Satin Ice Fondant is cracking 13 minutes ago
- › I want to stack 2 circle cakes 2 different sizes on a square... 14 minutes ago
- › Mad Hatter Failure............... 19 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake for Outdoor Reception in JULY (North Carolina) 25 minutes ago
- › Not sure how to go about making this cake 28 minutes ago
- › WASC recipe using "professional" cake mixes 29 minutes ago
- › Cake squares 51 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 55 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net