Mango filling & glaze
Edited on 6/25/12
- Caramel Cream FillingEdited on 5/30/12
- Champagne Strawberry Whipped Cream FillingEdited on 5/15/12
- Marshmallow meringue for piping - Turron de Marshmallow
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by Anonymous
- There are several different options in this recipe
- Heated Chocolate Icing/Filling
- For a larger cake, double the recipe to fill. For a tube pan, this recipe will frost a cake that hasn't been torted.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp. whipping cream, un-whipped
- 1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over minimum heat, 1 0r 2 on my stove. Stir constantly until smooth. If you are frosting a cake, use immediately. If you let it cool too much, it becomes fudge like. If you are using as a filling, remember to place a bead of buttercream icing on the outer rim of your cake so the filling won't seep through. As a filling, you should cool to room temperature, whisk and pour onto cake. Let it set a few minutes before placing top layer over filling.
- Always use a stiff buttercream dam when using any kind of filling.
- Hugs Squirrelly
- Vanilla Cream Filling
- To scald milk is to make it hot, but not to the point of boiling it. It has reached the scalding point when bubbles form a ring against the side of the pan but don't appear on the surface ot the liquid.
- This can be made on the top of a double boiler with the bottom section filled with boiled water or directly on the stove in a small heavy bottomed saucepan.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, scald : 1 cup milk - for best results use whole milk.
- Combine in a small saucepan:
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- Very gradually add your scalded milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Cover and cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into :
- 1 egg, slightly beaten with a fork
- Blend this mixture into the hot mixture and cook for 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and blend in:
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
- Let cook. Makes 1 cup filling, enough to fill an 8-10 inch cake.
- Almond Cream - Follow basic recipe but substitute 1/4 tsp. almond extract for the vanilla and add 1/3 cup slivered blanched almonds at the end.
- Banana Cream - follow vanilla cream instructions, but just before serving add 1 banana sliced
- Coconut Cream - Follow recipe but add 1/2 cup desiccated coconut at the end.
- Coffee Cream - Follow vanila instructions, but add 2 tsp. instant coffee powder to the scalded milk.
- Butterscotch Cream - Substitute 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar for the white sugar and follow other instructions.
- Chocolate Cream - Follow vanilla instructions but substitute 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa for the sugar and salt called for in the recipe.
- Always let fillings cool down to room temperature before filling a cake. Refridgerate after filling.
- Caramel Cream Filling
Currently, there are 925 Active Users (25 Members and 900 Guests)
- › Need help with gumpaste sunflowers 45 seconds ago
- › Is it weird if I don't eat the cake? 3 minutes ago
- › Customer has postponed a birthday and cake is fully decorated! Help! 9 minutes ago
- › Making a flame covered cake using fondant leaves?? 9 minutes ago
- › Happy World Bake Day 13 minutes ago
- › Small fissures / cracks on my fondant. Air bubbles too! 14 minutes ago
- › how long can you start a cake project 18 minutes ago
- › Blackberry filling question 22 minutes ago
- › I NEED A GOOD RECIPE FOR A CAKE THAT I CAN CARVE! 31 minutes ago
- › Boxing cakes for delivery 34 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950