Posted by LubyI apologize if this recipe is somewhere on this site, but I looked and didn't see it. I did find a lot of discussions about cake balls, but again, I didn't find this recipe. It basically adds the icing into the cooked and cooled cake. It makes a very moist ball. My favorite is lemon cake mix with lemon icing dipped in white almond bark. At Christmas I like to use a red velvet mix, a container of cream cheese frosting and tint almond bark a light green. You can use any flavor cake mix and icing. Chocolate lovers will adore chocolate cake, chocolate icing and chocolate bark.
- 1 cake mix 1 container of premade icing 1 package (16 Ounces) bark, melted
- Bake according to directions on box.
- After baking, let cool then crumble into small pieces
- Add container of icing to crumbled cake and mix well.
- Place bowl in freezer for approximately 30-45 minutes or until the cake mixture holds it shape.
- While freezing melt almond bark in double boiler.
- Remove cake mixture from freezer and roll into desired size balls.
- Using a toothpick or dipping fork, dip balls into melted bark.
- Set on waxed paper to dry.