Flan Mexican II
Edited on 6/7/11
- Pineapple Coconut WASCEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- pastel de merengue
Alphabetical Article List
Cabo Ancho Chile Brownies
Posted by MystiqueFireIt's my own take on brownies... I have a friend who pretty much drinks hot sauce and LOVES heat, so for his birthday I made him, a fellow pastry chef, some of my brownies. He loved them, but claimed there was no heat to them. I think he burned his taste buds off popping habeneros for snack.
Cabo Ancho Chile Brownies
- Brownie Batter: -1 Cup Unsalted Butter 2 1/4 cups sugar 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder 1 Tsp salt 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder 1 tblsp. Vanilla extract 5 large eggs 1/2 Tsp Ginger 1 Tsp cinnamon 1/2 cup water 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Spicy Hot Ganache: 1/2 Cup Heavy cream/whipping cream 3 Dried Ancho Chiles 1 Cup Semi Sweet chips/shavings
- -Preheat your oven to convection 350, (or if your oven does not manually reset the temp. down 25 degrees, set it to 325)
- -Grease a 9x13 in pan with cooking spray
- -In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt down the butter. When melted, add in the sugar, then stir to combine. Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. Whisk in eggs and add water, stirring until smooth. Carefully spoon mixture into greased pan.
- -Bake in the oven 28-30 minutes or until brownies test clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Spicy Ganache:
- -While the brownies are cooling, prep the ganache. Take a medium saucepan and add in the heavy cream and dried Ancho chiles. Three big ones will make it super spicy, so if you dont like it too hot you can put in one. Depends on your preferance!
- -Heat the cream on low heat until you see a little bit of steam coming from the milk and tiny bubbles forming on the sides of the pan. Make sure you whisk constantly so you dont burn it!
- -Remove from heat and drain milk to remove dried ancho chiles. Add in the semisweet chocolate morsels/shavings and mix until fully melted. Dont worry if it's a bit runny at first, it will get thicker as it cools.
- -When icing is spreadable, place atop cooled brownies, cut into servings, and enjoy!
- Pineapple Coconut WASC
Currently, there are 503 Active Users (10 Members and 493 Guests)
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 24 minutes ago
- › Ways to accept payment in uk 30 minutes ago
- › newbie here 36 minutes ago
- › What do you think of my cake? 39 minutes ago
- › Help!! 40 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Booth at Outdoor Market 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Paint fondant on Harry Potter book cake brown?? 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › First ever wedding cake, please help. 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › How About A Serious Thread About Cake Balls? 4 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950