Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Vanilla Butter Cake from The Mermaid BakeryEdited on 6/1/07
- Jello Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by JanHAdapted by Karen Phillips from the Chatelaine Golden anniversary recipe collection.
- 2/3 cup soft margarine or butter 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 2 cups flour 2 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk (substitute 1 Tbsp. vinegar and plain milk to fill 1/2 cup) 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom of two round layer cake pans, one large bundt pan, or two-dozen large muffin cups.
- Beat together: margarine/butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until very light and fluffy.
- Sift together separately: four, baking powder, baking soad and salt. Add alternately to the egg mixture with buttermilk/sour milk and bananas.
- Pour and spread in the prepared pans and bake for 25 to 35 minutes (layer cake pans), 35 to 40 minutes (bundt pan) or 15 to 20 minutes (muffins), or until centres are set. Cool five minutes then run a knife around the edges and invert. Optionally, when cold, frost or glaze with a topping of your choice.
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Currently, there are 1162 Active Users (31 Members and 1131 Guests)
- › Help! I can't get my whipped cream to hold stiff enough to make... 1 minute ago
- › Pregnant Belly Cakes 4 minutes ago
- › Verity of cakes 4 minutes ago
- › Pricing of Cupcakes 8 minutes ago
- › Marble cake help!! :) 10 minutes ago
- › Fondant Question...Pink Fondant, can I add 10 minutes ago
- › What about coconuts? 18 minutes ago
- › Satin Ice Fondant is cracking 43 minutes ago
- › I want to stack 2 circle cakes 2 different sizes on a square... 44 minutes ago
- › Mad Hatter Failure............... 49 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net