The easiest way ever to cut a circle for the bottom of your cake tin!
Edited on 7/17/12
- How To Make a Fondant Converse Sneaker Shoe - Template & VideoEdited on 6/14/13
- How To Get Perfectly Smooth Buttercream IcingEdited on 3/7/12
- How to Carve A Spiral Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Buttercream Roses - The Wilton Method
Posted by Anonymous
Flowers are certainly the most traditional and most admired way to top a cake. Roses are the most impressive, beautiful and popular of all icing flowers. A rose is created in a number of steps. [swfobj src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=5752332822979592750&hl=en&fs=true"]
Step 1Make the rose base, using tip 12 and Flower Nail #7. Hold the bag straight up, the end of tip 12 slightly above the center of your waxed paper-covered flower nail, which is held in your other hand. Using firm and steady pressure, squeeze out a heavy base of icing, remembering to keep your tip buried as you squeeze. Gradually raise the tip, and decrease the pressure.
Step 2Stop pressure, pull up and lift away. The rose base should be 1 1/2 times as high as the rose tip opening.
Step 3Make the center bud, using tip 104. Hold nail containing base in your left (right) hand and bag with rose tip 104 in right (left) hand. Bag should be at a 45° angle to the flat surface of the nail and in the 4:30 (7:30) position. The wide end of the tip should touch the cone of the icing base at or slightly below the midpoint, and the narrow end of the tip should point up and angle slightly inward.
Step 4Now you must do 3 things at the same time: squeeze the bag, move the tip and rotate the nail. As you squeeze the bag, move the tip up from the base, forming a ribbon of icing. Slowly turn the nail counterclockwise (clockwise for lefties) to bring the ribbon of icing around to overlap at the top of the mound, then back down to starting point.
Step 5Move your tip straight up and down only; do not loop it around the base. Now you have a finished center bud.
Step 6Make the top row of 3 petals. Touch the wide end of tip to the midpoint of bud base, narrow end straight up.
Step 7As you turn the nail the up and down motion of the tip will make a half circle-shaped upright petal. Wide end of tip must touch the rose base so that petal will attach. Move tip up and down to the midpoint of mound, forming the first petal.Start again, slightly behind end of first petal, and squeeze out second petal. Repeat for the third petal, ending by overlapping the starting point of the first petal. Rotate the nail 1/3 turn for each petal.Make the middle row of 5 petals. Touch the wide end of tip slightly below center of a petal in the top row. Angle the narrow end of tip out slightly more than you did for the top row of petals. Squeeze bag and turn nail moving tip up, then down, to form first petal.Make the bottom row of 7 petals. Touch the wide end of tip below the center of a middle row petal, again angling the narrow end of tip out a little more. Squeeze bag and turn nail to end of fingers, moving tip up, then down to form first petal.
- How To Make a Fondant Converse Sneaker Shoe - Template & Video
- › SPS materials locating panic attack 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › banana cake that I can carve and use fondant 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › I need a really moist cake recipe 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Website advice 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › fresh cream cakes 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › football shirt cake 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › SPS instructions 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake Pan Size 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Swiss Meringue Buttercream... 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan