Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- No Fault Sour Cream Pound CakeEdited on 11/8/08
- Lemon Supreme 'Pound' CakeEdited on 1/6/07
- Easy Lemon Pound Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Brown Sugar-Rum Pound Cakes
Posted by AnonymousTwo toothsome, rum-flavored Bundt cakes, excellent for any occasion.
Brown Sugar-Rum Pound Cakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1 1/2 cups butter, softened and divided 1 (16 ounce) package light brown sugar 3/4 cup sugar, divided 4 eggs 2/3 cup milk 1/4 cup dark rum 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons light rum 2 tablespoons water Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
1 GREASE and flour 2 (6-cup) Bundt pans or 2 (9- x 5-inch) loaf pans, and sprinkle evenly with pecans.
2 BEAT 11/4 cups butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar and 1/4 cup sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
3 COMBINE milk, dark rum, and vanilla.
4 COMBINE flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
5 BAKE at 325 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes; remove from pans.
6 BRING remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, light rum, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a saucepan, and boil, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Drizzle over warm cakes, and cool completely on wire racks.
- No Fault Sour Cream Pound Cake
- › Teddy Bear in a box cake by Debbie Brown 15 seconds ago
- › Sand!! 14 minutes ago
- › Edible Crystals Question 14 minutes ago
- › Airbrush City Kit GD 100 and 102 and brush model 1620 15 minutes ago
- › how do I make a shark?! 15 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Finding Cake Decorators 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › How do I smooth buttercream after it's been refrigerated? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › How much pay for this cake? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Does cake have to be refrigerated? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950