Related Forum Threads
- First Birthday Cake...... Last post on 12/3/12 at 11:36am in Cake Decorating
- 18th Birthday Cake for a male! Last post on 12/8/12 at 7:59am in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for alpahbet themed 1st birthday Last post on 11/24/12 at 9:06pm in Cake Decorating
- Ideas for a 20th birthday cake for a guy? Last post on 11/24/12 at 10:45am in Cake Decorating
Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Peanut Butter Marble CakeEdited on 7/20/07
- Chocolate Chip Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Boston Cream Pie I
Posted by AnonymousA rich creamy dessert also known as Boston Cream Cake. It is a wonderful combination of yellow cake, custard and chocolate glaze.
Boston Cream Pie I
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups cake flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup light cream 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup white sugar 1 pinch salt 4 teaspoons cornstarch 2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup light cream 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans. Sift the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
2 In a deep bowl cream 6 tablespoons of the butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the 2 eggs, one at a time, then beat in the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture alternately with the 1/2 cup of the milk in 3 additions, Beating the batter smooth after each addition. Divide the batter between the 2 prepared pans.
3 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cakes begin to shrink away from the sides of the pans and centers spring back when lightly touched. Turn the cakes onto wire racks to cool.
4 To Make The Filling: Combine the 1/2 cup light cream with 1/4 cup of the milk and cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan. Immediately add 1/4 cup of the sugar and the salt, stirring until dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat.
5 In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the milk with the cornstarch and whisk to remove lumps. Whisk in the 2 eggs. Add the hot cream mixture in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Return to the mixture to the saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and is smooth (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and allow to cool to room temperature.
6 To Make The Chocolate Frosting: In a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir the chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons butter until they are completely melted. Remove from the heat and, stirring constantly, add the 1/4 cup light cream in a thin steady stream. When mixture is smooth, stir in the confectioners' sugar and beat vigorously. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
7 To Assemble Cake: Spread the cooled filling over one the cooled cakes and place the second cake on top. Pour the chocolate frosting evenly over the top allowing it to spill down the sides.
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
- › AYUDAAA POR FAVORRRRR 32 seconds ago
- › Will modeling chocolate accents soften on cream cheese frosting? 4 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 5 minutes ago
- › Any fancy bakeries or great supply shops in Memphis, TN? 6 minutes ago
- › Price shocking your clients 8 minutes ago
- › Has anyone made a cake to look like a bar of chocolate? 12 minutes ago
- › How are these rosettes made? 13 minutes ago
- › Best selling cupcake flavors 19 minutes ago
- › How to price cupcakes...? 21 minutes ago
- › Canadian decorators, Bulk Barn Shortening 23 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net