Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- German Marble CakeEdited on 4/26/04
- German Christmas Gingerbread
Alphabetical Article List
Black Forest Cake II
Posted by AnonymousWonderful chocolate layer cake which is soaked in Kirsch liqueur, with cherry filling.
Black Forest Cake II
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup shortening 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups buttermilk 1/2 cup kirschwasser 1/2 cup butter 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1 pinch salt 1 teaspoon strong brewed coffee 2 (14 ounce) cans pitted Bing cherries, drained 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon kirschwasser 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottoms of two 8 inch round pans with parchment paper circles. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
2 Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until combined. Pour into 2 round 8 inch pans.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool completely. Remove paper from the cakes. Cut each layer in half, horizontally, making 4 layers total. Sprinkle layers with the 1/2 cup kirshwasser.
4 In a medium bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add confectioners sugar, pinch of salt, and coffee; beat until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add a couple teaspoons of cherry juice or milk. Spread first layer of cake with 1/3 of the filling. Top with 1/3 of the cherries. Repeat with the remaining layers.
5 In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon kirshwasser. Frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with chocolate curls made by using a potato peeler on semisweet baking chocolate.
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
- › Louboutin Shoe Box Cake 12 seconds ago
- › chocolate ganache over a buttercream crumb coat? 39 seconds ago
- › accountants/accounting 47 seconds ago
- › Root Beer Float cake recipe??? 2 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 8 minutes ago
- › Begonia Pink 10 minutes ago
- › Screening cookie designs (non-Kopycake) 11 minutes ago
- › What?! Hershey's beat Scharffen Berger?!! 11 minutes ago
- › Farmer's Market 15 minutes ago
- › Lace "doily" draped on top of cake? 17 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950