Posted by ShamithaThis is a delicious yellow cake that I bake to use up leftover egg yolks.
BEST GOLD CAKE
- 125g butter 1 cup sugar 4 egg yolks (lightly beaten) 1 tsp vanilla essence 1/2 cup milk 2 cups flour 3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease & flour a 9" square pan or 2 8" layers. Sift flour & baking powder together in a bowl & set aside.
- 1) Beat butter & sugar until creamy.
- 2) Add the yolks & vanilla & beat thoroughly.
- 3) Add milk alternately with the flour & baking powder mix. Mix well.
- 4) Place into prepared pan & bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- BON APPETIT