Edited on 1/9/12
- Flo's Pumpkin CheesecakeEdited on 6/13/11
- Keylime CheesecakeEdited on 6/13/11
- cinnamon roll cheesecake
Alphabetical Article List
Best Ever Cheesecake
Posted by AnonymousThis is the only cheesecake that I have found that has the shortdough crust and it is a good tasting cake. It takes time to make, but is well worth the time.
Best Ever Cheesecake
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour 1/4 cup white sugar 1 teaspoon lemon zest 1/2 cup butter 1 egg yolk, beaten 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 20 ounces cream cheese 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/8 teaspoon salt 5/8 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 egg yolk 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2 To Make Dough Crust: Combine 1 cup of the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel. Cut in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the beaten egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Pat 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of one 9 inch springform pan with the sides removed. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 6 minutes. Let cool then butter sides of pan and attach to bottom. Pat the remaining dough evenly on the sides to a height of 2 inches.
3 To Make Filling: Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degree C). Stir cream cheese to soften, then beat until fluffy add 1/8 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
4 Mix 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt and the remaining sugar together. Gradually blend this mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Add the eggs and the egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each one. Gently stir in the heavy cream. Pour batter into the prepared crust.
5 Bake at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) for 5 to 8 minutes or until top edge of crust is golden. Reduce heat to 200 degrees F (100 degrees C) and continue baking for 1 hour. Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for at least 3 hours. Remove sides of pan to serve.
- Flo's Pumpkin Cheesecake
- › how do I make damask designs on a cake 59 seconds ago
- › How hard is it to use a stincile on the side of a fondant cake? 7 minutes ago
- › how to apply rhinestone banding to fondant covered cake. 11 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 14 minutes ago
- › told I'm 'too expensive' 18 minutes ago
- › What makes a good cake a good cake? 32 minutes ago
- › cracked buttercream 41 minutes ago
- › How do I make the flowers on this cake? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › sports logos 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a caramel cake recipe 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan