5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Bertha's Big Bourbon Bundt Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis recipe came to me via a friend, Bertha, who just loved any cake that had booze in it. I have, in the past, eliminated the bourbon when making this for kids and it is still wonderful. Basically, it is a variation on a tunnel of fudge cake.
Bertha's Big Bourbon Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 4 tablespoons bourbon 4 eggs 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 1 tablespoon bourbon 1 cup toasted pecan pieces 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 cup confectioners' sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon butter, softened 5 tablespoons hot water
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch Bundt or tube pan.
2 Cream 1 cup of the butter or margarine, cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, 6 tablespoons of the cocoa, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, white sugar, and 4 tablespoons of the bourbon. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.
3 Mix together flour and baking powder and mix into batter. Beat on medium speed about 3 minutes. Spread half of the batter in bottom of the prepared pan and place teaspoonfuls of filling around the center of batter. Cover with the remaining batter.
4 Bake at 325 degree F (165 degrees C) for 70 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly on damp tea towel and then invert on to a plate. Cool completely and then spread with glaze.
5 To Make The Filling: Blend 1/4 cup of the unsalted butter or margarine, 1/4 cup of the cocoa, 3/4 cup of the brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the bourbon together. Fold in the toasted pecans.
6 To Make The Glaze: Blend 1/4 cup of the cocoa, 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar,1 teaspoon of the vanilla, 1 tablespoon of the butter, and starting with 4 tablespoons of the water then adding more until the desired consistency is reached. Spoon over top of cooled cake.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › AYUDAAA POR FAVORRRRR 32 seconds ago
- › Will modeling chocolate accents soften on cream cheese frosting? 4 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 5 minutes ago
- › Any fancy bakeries or great supply shops in Memphis, TN? 6 minutes ago
- › Price shocking your clients 8 minutes ago
- › Has anyone made a cake to look like a bar of chocolate? 12 minutes ago
- › How are these rosettes made? 13 minutes ago
- › Best selling cupcake flavors 19 minutes ago
- › How to price cupcakes...? 21 minutes ago
- › Canadian decorators, Bulk Barn Shortening 23 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net