Posted by BereccaA delicious and easy doctored cake recipe that ends up tasting sort of like a soft brownie cake!
Berecca's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate Cake mix 4 eggs 1 1/4 c. water 1/4 c. oil 1/2 c. Adam's crunchy peanut butter (or creamy if you don't want nuts) 1/4 cup gran. sugar 1 small chocolate instant pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 - 8" pans. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into pans. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with toothpick. Bake for additional minutes if necessary until toothpick comes out with soft crumbs.
- The frosting I use with this cake is the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. I would post it, but I don't think I can because it's not my recipe... anyway, it's really good. I just thinned it down a tiny bit to be able to spread it and pipe with it.
- For the filling, I just used some of the Hershey's frosting and added a scoop of peanut butter and a little milk to thin it down just a bit. I also added a little bit of powdered sugar to help sweeten it with the peanut butter. Sorry I don't have more precise measurements - I was just experimenting and it turned out really well!
- Enjoy! Full of fat, sugar, and chocolately goodness!!!