Posted by AnonymousBavarian Crème Filling
Bavarian Crème Filling
- 4 cups 1% milk 4 large eggs separated 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar 3 Tablespoon plain Kosher gelatin 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a 3 quart sauce pan, dissolve gelatin in cold milk. Set pan over medium heat and heat until simmering, stirring frequently. while milk is heating, whisk together egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until light and pale yellow in color. Slowly add egg/sugar mixture to simmering milk.
- whisking constantly. Let cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat transfer to a large bowl, and set aside, stirring occasionally, until warm not hot.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add 1 Tablespoon sugar and vanilla and continue beating until soft peaks form when the beaters are raised.
- Fold beaten whites into custard mixture.
- Chill until thick and able to spread on the cake.