Posted by KimanalynnBavarian Cream
- ?2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin ?1/2 cup cold water ?4 egg yolks ?1/2 cup white sugar ?1 pinch salt ?2 cups milk ?1 teaspoon vanilla extract ?2 cups heavy cream
- 1.In a small bowl, stir together the gelatin and cold water. Set aside to soften. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt until smooth.
- 2.In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Stir a small amount into the egg yolk mixture, then stir the egg yolk mixture into the hot milk until well blended. Whisk in the softened gelatin and vanilla. Run through a strainer, and allow to cool.
- 3.When the mixture has cooled almost to room temperature, whip the heavy cream to medium stiffness and fold into it. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just leave it on top of the refridgerator so all the fat will get scared and jump off! ;)