Low Cal Banana Bundt Cake
Edited on 5/14/07
- The Greatest Banana BreadEdited on 8/15/04
- Surprise Banana CakeEdited on 8/15/04
- Snow on the Mountain
Alphabetical Article List
Banana Nut Cake
Posted by AnonymousA very old banana nut cake recipe which has been handed down through my family.
Banana Nut Cake
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar 1/2 cup butter 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 tablespoons buttermilk 1 teaspoon baking soda 3 ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup chopped pecans 3 tablespoons butter, softened 2 cups confectioners' sugar 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
2 Separate the eggs and set aside.
3 Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk. Cream 1/2 cup of the butter or margarine with the white sugar. Add the egg yolks, and vanilla, beating well. Add flour alternately with the mashed bananas. Stir in the buttermilk mixture.
4 Beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir the pecans into the cake batter then fold in the egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pans.
5 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until cakes test done. Let cakes cool in pans than ice and top with pecan halves if desired.
6 To Make Icing: Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners' sugar. Stir in the heavy cream until well blended. Spread icing on to cooled cake layers.
- The Greatest Banana Bread
- › buttercream for wonder mold 6 minutes ago
- › tiara and shoe on pillow cake 6 minutes ago
- › Best way to stencil letters onto fondant without it running??? 10 minutes ago
- › Why did my fondant decorations soften? 14 minutes ago
- › Please help! Frozen frosted cake needs to be fondanted. 38 minutes ago
- › Anyone using Moonfruit for their website? 39 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 51 minutes ago
- › fondant decorations 57 minutes ago
- › Fondant Tort Line 59 minutes ago
- › Using BC in molds 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking