Low Cal Banana Bundt Cake
Edited on 5/14/07
- The Greatest Banana BreadEdited on 8/15/04
- Surprise Banana CakeEdited on 8/15/04
- Snow on the Mountain
Alphabetical Article List
Banana Layer Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis moist, delicious banana cake is topped with a rich caramel frosting.
Banana Layer Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 egg yolks 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/3 cup buttermilk 2 cups all-purpose flour 3 large ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup chopped pecans 2 egg whites 1 1/4 cups white sugar 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup evaporated milk 1/2 cup butter
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 (8 inch) round pans.
2 In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time. Dissolve soda in buttermilk; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in the mashed bananas and pecans.
3 In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Spread Caramel Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cooled cake.
5 To make the Caramel Frosting: In a heavy saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, evaporated milk and 1/2 cup butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches softball stage (240 degrees F; 116 degrees C). Remove from heat, and beat until spreading consistency; add additional milk if necessary. Spread immediately on cooled cake.
- The Greatest Banana Bread
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 12 minutes ago
- › Recognize these cutters? 36 minutes ago
- › Not TOO sweet Fondant 38 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 39 minutes ago
- › Never using BC again under fondant 39 minutes ago
- › How to stack a tiered rosette cake 45 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 46 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 46 minutes ago
- › How difficult it is to say no to a relative's request for a cake???? 57 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net