Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Mock Angel Food CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Gone with the Wind CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Easter Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Banana Angel Food Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis light and fluffy banana flavored cake flecked with oats adds variation to the traditional Angel Food Cake.
Banana Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 cup rolled oats 3 ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup cake flour 2 cups confectioners' sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2 Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
3 Combine cream of tartar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, oats, and mashed bananas.
4 In a separate bowl combine the flour, confectioner's sugar, and salt.
5 Fold the banana mixture into the egg whites. Then fold the flour mixture into the egg white/banana mixture. Pour batter into one 9 or 10 inch round cake pan, coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
6 Bake at 325 degrees (165 degrees C) for 1 hour, until cake is firm and lightly golden. Cool for five minutes then slip out of pan onto a serving dish. Garnish with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar.
- Mock Angel Food Cake
- › cream cheese icing and fondant 8 minutes ago
- › decorating ideas 24 minutes ago
- › fondant ruffled 41 minutes ago
- › Home bakery starting.... Need help! 48 minutes ago
- › Need wedding tier sizing suggestions 53 minutes ago
- › What's the one thing you don't do so well, that you wish you did? 56 minutes ago
- › Favorite Cookie Icing / Frosting 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Royal icing sugar 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Glassine bags 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Question about storing Tobi's Glaze 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950