5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Baby Ruth? Layer Cake
Posted by AnonymousTakes a little extra effort but oh so worth it! Perfect for a special dinner party, shower, or garden party. This is also my husband's favorite request for his birthday!
Baby Ruth? Layer Cake
- 8 (1.2 ounce) bars Baby Ruth ? candy bars, chopped 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter 6 tablespoons evaporated milk 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 1/4 cups white sugar 2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk 6 (1.2 ounce) bars Baby Ruth ? candy bars, chopped 2 egg yolks 1 cup evaporated milk 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup butter 1 cup flaked coconut 1/2 cup chopped peanuts 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1 egg white 2 1/2 tablespoons sifted confectioners' sugar 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round pans.
2 In the top of a double boiler, Combine 8 chopped candy bars, peanut butter, and 6 tablespoons milk. Heat and stir until melted, stirring constantly. Let cool.
3 Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
4 In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Blend in cooled candy mixture and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
5 On low speed, add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Do not overmix.
6 Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool in pans on racks for 10 minutes. Turn out and finish cooling on rack.
7 For filling and topping: Melt 6 candy bars in double boiler, then set aside. In a saucepan, combine egg yolks, 1 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir until thick over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and blend in melted candy mixture, coconut and peanuts. Cool, then beat vigorously with spoon.
8 For whipped topping, whip heavy cream until stiff. In a clean bowl, whip egg white until stiff. Fold egg white, confectioners sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla into whipped cream.
9 To assemble, spread cooled filling between layers and on top of cake. Spread whipped topping on sides of cake.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 1 minute ago
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 14 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 39 minutes ago
- › Pricing question 41 minutes ago
- › This Vs. That 42 minutes ago
- › How do I make the lanterns sturdy on this Rapunzel cake? 51 minutes ago
- › told I'm 'too expensive' 55 minutes ago
- › Cakes didn't survive the trip :-( 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Popular Wedding Cake Styles 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Price 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan