Yummy Apple Pound Cake
Edited on 4/25/04
- Pie CakeEdited on 8/15/04
- Taffy Apple CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Rum Cranberry Applesauce Bundt Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousFruitcake made with applesauce and maraschino cherries.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar 1 cup shortening 2 eggs 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground allspice 1 teaspoon ground cloves 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts 1 1/2 cups raisins 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped 2 cups applesauce 6 maraschino cherries, halved 6 pecan halves
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch tube pan. Line bottom with parchment paper and grease again.
2 In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend well.
3 Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Combine 1/2 cup of flour with nuts, raisins, dates and 1/2 cup cherries, stir until coated. Set aside.
4 Add remaining 2 3/4 cups flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and salt to egg mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
5 Fold fruit and nut mixture and applesauce into batter. Pour batter into a 10 inch tube pan. Arrange cherry halves and pecans on top.
6 Bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 1hour and 15 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean. Cool upright in pan 5 minutes. Turn upright onto wire rack and remove pan and parchment paper. Cool completely.
- Pie Cake
- › Fudge Filling 1 minute ago
- › Payment 2 minutes ago
- › Black Lace on wedding cake - HELP ASAP!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Virgin train cake - just had to share! 4 minutes ago
- › tiara and shoe on pillow cake 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone using Moonfruit for their website? 22 minutes ago
- › Using BC in molds 22 minutes ago
- › Baking recommendation for halving cheesecake recipe 32 minutes ago
- › Swiss roll filling ideas... 40 minutes ago
- › Altered cake mix failures 54 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking