Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Salted Caramel Cupcake
Edited on 6/12/11
- Carrot CupcakesEdited on 6/14/11
- Caramel Apple Upside Down CakeEdited on 9/18/10
- Hot Apple Cider Cupcakes
Alphabetical Article List
Apple Cupcake/Caramel Apple Cupcake
Posted by OsgirlI have been searching for an apple cupcake when I decided to use Sprinkle's strawberry cupcake and change it to an apple cupcake. It is so yummy! Here is the Sprinkle's strawberry cupcake: http://www.oprah.com/food/Sprinkles-Cupcakes-Strawberry-Cupcakes-Recipe I use a vanilla cream cheese frosting with a dulce de leche filling and swirl on top for the caramel apple cupcake. **Baking time for the strawberry cupcakes is 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. I start mine at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and then turn down to 350 degrees and bake for the remainder of the time which is about 15-17 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted 1 tsp. baking powder 1/4 tsp coarse salt 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature 1 tsp. vanilla 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 large egg, room temperature 2 large egg whites, room temperature 1 large apple (you will need 1/3 cup grated apple) 1 tsp. (or slightly less for caramel apple) cinnamon
InstructionsPreheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside. Cream butter on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and mix on medium-high until well mixed. Add egg and egg whites one at a time mixing on low after each addition. Using a grater, grate the apple. You should get about 1/3 cup from one large apple. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla, and 1/3 cup pureed apple. With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture followed by the milk mixture. Slowly add remaining flour mixture and mix until just blended. Fill cupcake liners generously (over half). Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn timer down to 350 and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes (this is using my oven). Take out of the pan after a few minutes to cool completely. Cut out the center and full with a thick caramel or dulce de leche sauce. Top with your favorite frosting ( I use vanilla cream cheese frosting) and finish off with a caramel or dulce de leche swirl.
- Carrot Cupcakes
Currently, there are 890 Active Users (26 Members and 864 Guests)
- › how do I make a shark...plz help 46 seconds ago
- › Simple syrup to keep cake moist. Advice needed. 5 minutes ago
- › Need a Moist Red Velvet Recipe 8 minutes ago
- › Customer with a crazy request! 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cake club in Northern Michigan 16 minutes ago
- › Need help with gumpaste sunflowers 20 minutes ago
- › Mousse request 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Anxiety About Cake Deliveries?! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Cake Photo's With Faces Clarification 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How is this cake done?? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950