Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Banana Pudding Cupcakes
Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Hot Apple Cider CupcakesEdited on 1/24/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Alphabetical Article List
Apple Banana Cupcakes
Posted by AnonymousThis is a cupcake that smells as good as it tastes. It's an old Polish recipe from some of the best bakers in Milwaukee!
Apple Banana Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 2/3 cup shortening 1 1/4 cups white sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup buttermilk 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed 2 apples - peeled, cored and shredded
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and buttermilk. Beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the mashed bananas and shredded apples. Fill each muffin cup half full.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 45 seconds ago
- › Tips for all buttercream cake please! 2 minutes ago
- › Red Velvet cake disaster. 3 minutes ago
- › Whipped Cream Flag Cake without Fruit????? 4 minutes ago
- › Has anyone bought The Art of Royal Icing by Eddie Spence? 13 minutes ago
- › Smoothing a cake with high ratio shortening 26 minutes ago
- › How much batter for square cake for WASC 26 minutes ago
- › Bottles vs piping bags 34 minutes ago
- › Is it acceptable in caking world...? 51 minutes ago
- › How much do people think a cake costs to make??? 52 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan