Posted by caketalkThis moist and Delicate cake is a winner at any party! Its also know as the Famous PuertoRican Amaretto Cake. I added my own "secret" ingredients to perfection. Keep in mind that the quality of the Flour, Eggs and Margarine/Butter you use DOES make a difference .....Enjoy!!
Amaretto Puertorican Cake
- 1/2 Cup Margarine 1 Cup Butter 3 Cups Sifted Flour 4 Large Eggs ( Separeted) 2 TSP Baking Powder ( if using a non- self rising cake four) 1 Cup Evaporated Milk ( do not dilute) 1 Cup Sugar 1 TSP Almond Extract 1 TSP Vanilla Extract 3 Ounces OR 1 small trial size bottle of Amaretto Liquor
- ** Butter, Margarine and Eggs must be at room temperature**
- 1-Beat Butter, Margarine and Sugar at medium speed until consistency is creamy and light color.
- 2- Add Egg Yolk one at the time and slowly
- 3- Add Almond, Vanilla, and Liquor blend for about 30 seconds
- 4- Add small amounts of flour and baking powder with small amounts of milk at the time until well mixed.
- *****EGG WHITES******
- 1-IN A SEPARETE MIXER beat egg whites at high speed until completly white and foamy consistency ( Like merengue)
- 2- FOLD completly with cake batter
- 3- Place in 10" by 2" cake pan leaving about 2 " space on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until center of cake is ready.