Pink Champagne WASC FTW
Edited on 4/25/13
- WASC Scratch CakeEdited on 8/20/12
- Simple Moist White Cake (Scratch WASC)Edited on 5/30/12
- Layered White Cake
- topicWhite Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Amalgamation Cake II
Posted by AnonymousMy husband grew up in rural Mississippi in the 50's. He always talked about an Amalgamation Cake.
Amalgamation Cake II
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix 8 egg yolks 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 cups white sugar 1 cup butter 2 cups chopped walnuts 2 cups chopped pecans 2 1/2 cups raisins 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup hot water 2 egg whites
1 Bake white cake mix, following package directions, in two layers (either 8 or 9 inch).
2 Filling: In a double boiler, combine egg yolks, flour, 2 cups sugar and butter. Cook, stirring, until thick.
3 Add walnuts, pecans, raisins and coconut. Mix well. Spread filling between layers, on sides and top of cooled cake.
4 Icing: Combine sugar and water in a saucepan; stir until well blended. Boil slowly without stirring until mixture will spin a long thread when a little is dropped from a spoon (hold the spoon high above saucepan), or reaches 238 - 242 degrees F (114 - 117 degrees C).
5 In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer until they are stiff, but still moist. Pour hot syrup slowly over egg whites while beating. Continue until mixture is very fluffy, and will hold its shape. Spread over cake.
- WASC Scratch Cake
- › First ever wedding cake, please help. 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › What do you think of my cake? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Pipe neatly on the side of the cake. 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › How About A Serious Thread About Cake Balls? 2 hours ago
- › Do you assemble a 3 tier on site? 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Wedding cakes 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › best white cake recipe 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › almond, vanilla extract... is there nuts? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Cupcake inserts do not fit 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950