Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Peanut Butter Cake BallsEdited on 10/24/07
- Peanut Butter Marble CakeEdited on 7/20/07
- Sinful Bars
Alphabetical Article List
Almond Rum Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a simple butter cake with almonds on bottom and dark rum sprinkled over the baked cake.
Almond Rum Cake
- 3 eggs 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 2/3 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 cups white sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 2 teaspoons lemon zest 2 teaspoons lemon juice 3/4 cup milk 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds 2 teaspoons dark rum
1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch tube pan and sprinkle the almonds evenly over the bottom.
2 Separate the eggs. In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff. Set aside.
3 In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in the egg yolks, then the vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice, lemon rind, and milk.
4 In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat into the creamed mixture. Stir in about 1/3 of the egg whites to lighten the batter and then fold in the rest gently but thoroughly. Turn batter into the prepared pan.
5 Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1-1/2 hours or until cake tests done when a toothpick inserted neat the center comes out clean. As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, sprinkle the top evenly with the rum. Transfer to a rack to cool. Makes about 14 servings.
- Peanut Butter Cake Balls
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 55 seconds ago
- › Spider-Man head help 1 minute ago
- › Ideas needed: Combo cake celebrating birthday & anniversary 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for universal cake filling that is not too sweet, lasts ... 9 minutes ago
- › HELP for wedding cake:can i make gumpaste ruffles on MMF covered cake? 18 minutes ago
- › Verity of cakes 24 minutes ago
- › Mad Hatter Failure............... 31 minutes ago
- › colour of pluto? 34 minutes ago
- › Want to learn to make flowers for your cakes? 56 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net