5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Edited on 7/3/12
- Pear and Pecan CakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Scratch Hazelnut and Chocolate cakeEdited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- topicCakes With Nuts
Alphabetical Article List
Almond Puff Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a great cake that goes great with anything.
Almond Puff Cake
- 1/2 cup butter 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup water 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds 1 cup all-purpose flour 4 eggs 2 cups heavy cream 1 cup confectioners' sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2 In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, salt, water and almonds. Bring to a boil and stir in flour, all at once, stirring vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated. Transfer dough to a pastry bag with a number 8 star tip, and pipe pastry in an 8-inch ring, one inch wide, on a baking sheet.
3 Bake 50 minutes, or until puffed, set and golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
4 While pastry is baking, combine cream, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in a medium bowl and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and whip with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
5 Split cooled ring in half lengthwise using a sharp knife. Scoop out any soft dough. Place bottom half on serving plate, and fill with whipped cream. Place other half of ring on top, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.
- Pear and Pecan Cake
- › I've been left holding 130+ flowers!!! 2 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 7 minutes ago
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 9 minutes ago
- › Where can I find this Sugarveil mat? Or any that are not frumpy? 21 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 23 minutes ago
- › New a few eyes on this one... 25 minutes ago
- › Sam's Club 34 minutes ago
- › How do you prepare and organize for big/multiple orders? 42 minutes ago
- › Recipe help!! 43 minutes ago
- › Perfect stripes..How do I do this cake?? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950