Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Pumpkin Cake IIEdited on 4/26/04
- Yummy Apple Pound CakeEdited on 4/25/04
- Polish Pound Cake
Alphabetical Article List
Almond Pound Cake
Posted by AnonymousElegant dessert for a Christmas buffet. Not your ordinary pound cake!
Almond Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened 2 cups white sugar 6 eggs, room temperature 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons almond extract 8 ounces almond paste 1 cup confectioners' sugar 4 tablespoons milk 1/2 cup blanched almonds 4 drops red food coloring 4 drops green food coloring
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
2 In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until well mixed with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Blend in flour and salt. Mix in almond extract. Turn batter into prepared pan.
3 Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
4 Break off tablespoon-sized pieces of the almond paste, and shape into holly leaves. Using the tip of a knife, score the shaped holly leaf to resemble veins in the leaves. Mix green food coloring with a small amount of water and brush the holly leaves, repeating until desired color is reached. Set aside on waxed paper. Break off 2 tablespoons of almond paste, and knead in several drops of red food coloring. When color of almond paste is a bright red, break off smaller pieces. Roll into balls to resemble holly berries. Place on waxed paper.
5 In a small bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar and milk. Mix until smooth. When the cake has cooled, drizzle with the confectioners' sugar glaze. Top with blanched almonds, and garnish with the marzipan holly leaves and berries.
- Pumpkin Cake II
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 41 seconds ago
- › Price the Cupcakes! 2 minutes ago
- › Debbie browns Tom and jerry cake recipe needed! 6 minutes ago
- › Want a nice no fail strawberry cake recipe? 9 minutes ago
- › Debbie browns Tom and jerry cake instructions needed! 10 minutes ago
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 14 minutes ago
- › icings like little debbie snacks 15 minutes ago
- › Urgent! Bringing buttercream back to room temp 32 minutes ago
- › Wet towel trick don't work for me 48 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 49 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking